Thursday, April 02, 2009

And the Joke Was On Me...

My son (Kodyack) had a bright idea yesterday.

"Dad!" he excitedly said, "Let's make an April Fool's prank with your blog. We'll remake it and I'll make off like I'm some lefty who's hijacked it!" he says.

"Naww...don't think it's a good idea," I said. "I've worked pretty hard on maintaining the blog over the years; I don't want to wreck it."

"Okay," he said. "I just thought it would be a pretty cool idea."

And the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be a pretty cool idea, as well. I mean, after all, my 18-year old son is a pretty good wordsmith in his own right. A chip off the old block, you might say. And then I thought, "Yeah, that's right, Blogger allows you to save templates!" So I says to Kodyack, "You go ahead, son. I'll save the template, and I'll restore it back to order after today."

And so Kodyack went to town, and did a helluva job, if I might add.

So, when I got home from work today, I went back to work on restoring my blog. I re-uploaded the template I saved yesterday.

Piece of cake, thinks I.

Thought I.

Awwwww crap.

All my widgets, gone. My Ted Kennedy count-up widget, gone. My blogrolls. Gone. Everything. Gone. Except the posts.

So now I'm left with the chore of re-building my blog.

Joke's on me.

Heh.

Feh.