Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"Benedict Arlen"--"We don't need no stinkin' principles!"

When asked if there is a shortage of "Jewish Republicans" in the Senate, Senator "Turncoat" Benedict Arlen Specter originally had this to say,"
Asked whether he cared about a shortage of Jewish Republicans in the Senate, Specter replied: “I sure do. There’s still time for the Minnesota courts to do justice and declare Norm Coleman the winner.”
Specter, seeming to forget he was now a full-fledgd card-carrying out-of-the-closet democrat, thought twice about his endorsement of Coleman:

“In the swirl of moving from one caucus to another, I have to get used to my new teammates,” he said. “I’m ordinarily pretty correct in what I say. I’ve made a career of being precise. I conclusively misspoke.”

Asked who he’s backing now in elections, Specter said, “I’m looking for more Democratic members. Nothing personal.”

Selling out to the highest bidder, are we, Arlen? If principles were gas, Mr. Specter, it seems, wouldn't be able to drive a pissant's car half-way around a bee-bee.

Mr. Specter has more in common with a Hennepin Avenue Streetwalker than with any principled Republican.

Good riddance.