Saturday, August 26, 2006

...And a fun time was had by all...

I had a great time at the Trivia fest for Soldier's Angels at Keegan's last night!

Along with Three Weddings and a Funeral coming in third place, sort of (Hewitt's team and Dave Strom's team were tied for second), I had the chance to consort with some great blogging friends, and a chance to meet der Kommisar himself. I was also shamelessly able to promote my current blogging passion (Murtha Must Go!!) to Hugh, and persuaded him to take a look-see. He's still not convinced that we can help pull off a Murtha defeat, but I think I may be able to persuade him otherwise.

This morning, I was able to do something I thought I'd never be able to do again after my hip replacement--play golf! John the Night Writer, John the Policy Guy and myself took to the links, and, thanks to John's encouragement, I was able to pull off a 59--yeah, it was for only 9 holes, but it's a lot better than I thought I'd do.

A big thanks to John Stewart and his lovely bride and daughters for their hospitality!

And a big thanks to Hugh Hewitt for supporting Soldiers Angels last night!