Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Fine MOB member passes ad astra

Paul Kuettel, owner of MOB-Member Wog's Blog, has passed away from liver disease.

I had the honor of meeting Mr. Kuettel on a number of occasions; and he always struck me as being a down-to-earth, salt-of-the earth type of guy.

His writing, both prophetic and touching:
I have been pondering fate of late.

Tiny little confluences of innocent actions magnified by circumstances can really make a difference in a life, to say the very least.

I finished 2nd for a Fullbright Scholarship to Germany. The Fate of it was that I was an early loser in the new game of Affirmitive Action. My teacher/mentor/sponsor told me as much. They needed more women although I ranked better.

Instead I started a business and a family. Seemed like a good twist of Fate.

To save a long story, my Fate has twisted like a deadly tornado. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate all the good turns in favor of dwelling on the foundation ripping furies.

I'm not sure why I put this stuff up for all the world to read. Ego? Reaching out? Looking for sympathy? Maybe a combination of the three.

It's hard to live in a world of hurt all by oneself.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any sort of Faith, put a good word into your Higher Power for me. God knows I need it.

Cheers, always
Cheers, always, Paul.

You will be missed.

Ben at Hammerswing has a good tribute to Paul.