Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Jesse Ventura: Truther.

Somehow, I don't find this a bit surprising:

A conversation between "Governor Turnbuckle" and Glenn Beck:

And pretty soon just silence, maybe 10 seconds and he (Ventura) says, "You know what I've been doing? You know where I am?" I didn't even open my eyes. I said, "Nope." Said, "I've been surfing." "Great." "Yeah, I've been down surfing where there's a lot of brown people." I said, "Really?" Still I didn't even open my eyes. Just, I'm having that conversation. "Really?" "Yep. All the spooky brown people. You know, all those people we're all supposed to be so afraid of." So I opened up my eyes and I said, "You are really an angry man, aren't you?" "I'm not angry. I'm just sick and tired of our country being ripped apart." I said, "Well, then we have something in common." "I'm just trying to stand up and do the right thing." I said, "Well, again there's a second thing we have in common. We should talk sometime. It's been fun." Closed my eyes. "Can I ask you something?" I said, "I don't think so." He said, "No, just one thing. I just want to ask you one thing. Come on, I just want to ask you" -- come on. He was so stunned that I didn't say yes. "Come on, just one thing." "All right." "Why is it that nobody like you will ever talk about 9/11?" "Is that your question?" "Every time somebody like me who just has a few questions we want to be answered, how come we'll never get those questions answered?" That's why when in my head I went, "Oh, jeez, he's one of these guys. Of course he's crazy." I said, "What's the question you can't get answered?" "How can that building fall faster than gravity?" What? "You know, I know a few things about explosive because I" -- I said, "I know, you used to be a Navy SEAL. I've heard the story." "Yeah. Well, steel doesn't melt at that temperature." Really? That's weird because I think steel melts at the same temperature consistently. So all you have to do is get it to be hot enough. "It doesn't burn that hot, does it? Jet fuel doesn't burn that hot, does it?" I said, "As a matter of fact, everything in the World Trade Center can be explained if you'd like to talk to the people at Popular Mechanics who did a very long extensive study with some of the greatest scientists known to man. You know, I can put you in touch with them because I had all of these questions and I had them all answered. So if you'd like me, I could put you in touch with them if you really want to know." "Oh, really?" I said yes. "And who owns Popular Mechanics?" I said I don't know. Bye-bye. There's just no way. I don't know who owns Popular Mechanics. I don't know. Who owns Popular Mechanics? Is it Time-Warner?

Looks like former Governor Ventura has something in common with a certain presidential candidate and many of his followers.

Again, not a bit surprising.