Monday, May 19, 2008

Obama: The truth hurts.

The list of what we can no longer criticize about Barack Hussein-- (oops) -- Obama continues. Even if it's the truth. Now it just so happens that whatever his wife says is beyond reproach:
Earlier, Obama told critics in an interview aired on ABC's "Good Morning America" to "lay off my wife."

The Illinois senator was responding to an online ad run by the Tennessee GOP that, during a four-minute video, replays six times Michelle Obama's comment that "for the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country." Michelle Obama has clarified her remark, saying she meant she is proud of the public's engagement in this year's political process. Obama called the ad "just low class."

Obama said that if he wins the nomination, Republicans "can say whatever they want to say about me, my track record. But, he added, "if they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful, because I find unacceptable the notion that you start attacking my wife or my family."
This would be fair enough if Michelle Obama didn't insert herself and her words as part and parcel of her husband's campaign. But in that very same interview, Michele Obama did just that:
In the joint interview, Michelle Obama said, "We're trusting that the American voters are ready to talk about the issues." She also denied speculation that she has ruled out a place by Clinton on her husband's ticket.

"There's no way that I would say 'absolutely not' to one of the most successful and powerful and groundbreaking women on this planet," Michelle Obama said. Empathizing with her as someone who raised "a phenomenal daughter" while in politics, she said, "I think the world of Hillary Clinton," and added, "I know how hard, just in the little bit of exposure I've had to this, what she's had to deal with and what she's accomplished."
Word to Michelle Obama: If you can't take the political heat, then get the hell in the kitchen and bake some cookies.