Thursday, September 11, 2008

Check, Please.


Hi folks... I thought I'd follow such luminaries as J.Roosh and Uncle Ben out the door, and put the Palace on Ice for at least awhile, if not altogether.

Ever since starting this blog in a Minneapolis hotel room on a sub-zero February night in 2005 (hence the name), being inspired by the likes of Captain Ed and the Fraters guys, I've had grandiose visions of hitting the big time.

Well, that ship never docked at my pier, so it never really even got a chance to sail away. But that's neither here nor there. I've met some unbelievably great friends in the MOB and elsewhere (too many to mention) and had some great experiences along the way. Maintaining a blog has kept my finger on the pulse of what is happening in the world to a much greater degree than was ever the case heretofore in my lifetime; and although my traffic for a week was what Captain Ed would get in less than half a minute, I was nonetheless humbled by those who did take time out of their busy day, including regular readers, Sara from California, Sid, and others, whose readership made the task of updating the blog a lot lighter.

However, lately, I've had a pretty full plate with my day job, as well as helping out with the worthy cause of helping Steve Gottwalt to get elected, not to mention family responsibilities.

As I've often said, a job worth doing, is worth doing right. Although I've enjoyed blogging, the time required to not only update a blog daily, but to really put thought into each post, was time that I was lacking. I was paying a little attention to each facet of my life, but nowhere near the attention each facet deserved; that included blogging.

While I'm shutting down The Palace for the foreseeable future, I've decided to devote some more time this season to getting the blowhard from PA-12 de-throned; along with more time on Steve Gottwalt's campaign, and hopefully, more family time.

And if I do find something worthwhile to share with the world, Derek Brigham has agreed to open up another stall for me at the Kennel, so I'll be contributing there once in a while. Additionally, I'll continue offering sporadic contributions to True North, Blogs for Victory and Grizzly Groundswell.

A deep and heartfelt thanks to all who have spent some time out of their day to read my screeds.

It has meant more to me than you'll ever know.

With that, I bid you, and The Ice Palace, adieu.

Sincerely,

Leo John Pusateri, Jr.