(The following was originally posted on May 30, 2005)
America Haters Anonymous...
1. We have admitted we were powerless over our left-leaning, America-hating ways--that our hatred for America had become unmanageable. But at the same time we were loathe to admit this, even though our every word spoke it.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves, mainly the ACLU and its followers, could restore our society to fit our Marxist-Leninist beliefs.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our nannystate government as we understood it.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves--wait--scratch that... errr.. made a searching, nonjudgmental inventory of.. errr.. Oh never mind!
5. Preached to ourselves, to the mainstream media, and to other fellow travellers the exact nature of George Bush's and America's wrongs, and how it is, to us, the most
evil and vile force ever to occupy the world's surface.
6. Were entirely ready to have the ACLU, the AFL-CIO, the NAACP, and the NEA remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked them to confiscate the wealth of the nation and redistribute it.
8. Made a list of all conservatives that we despise, especially minority conservatives, and became willing to assassinate their characters and to make examples of them all.
9. Made direct, unfounded and inflammatory attacks to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure our own cause.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly said that it's how we feel and it's our intentions that count.
11. Sought through activist judges to remove God from public discourse as we understood him, knowing that secular humanism is the one true religion.
12. Having had an awakening of consciousness as the result of these steps, we continue to carry this message to all, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.