Thursday, May 12, 2005

Who needs democrats?

George Voinovich, just another in the cadre of the ever-present RINOs, had this to say regarding John Bolton:

VOINOVICH: Mr. Chairman, I have to say that after poring over the hundreds of pages of testimony, and, you know, I wasn't here for those hearings, but I did my penance, I read all of it. I believe that John Bolton would have been fired, fired if he worked for a major corporation. This is not the behavior of a true leader who upholds the kind of democracy that President Bush is seeking to promote globally. This is not the behavior that should be endorsed as the face of the United States to the world community in the United Nations. Rather, Mr. Chairman, it is my opinion that John Bolton is the poster child of what someone in the diplomatic corps should not be.

All things being equal is my proclivity to support the president's nominee. However in this case all things are not equal. It's a different world today than it was four years ago. Our enemies are Muslim extremists and religious fanatics who hijacked the Koran and have convinced people that the way to go to heaven is through jihad against the world, particularly the US. We must recognize that to be successful in this war, one of our most important tools is public diplomacy. After hours of deliberation, telephone calls, personal conversations, reading hundreds of pages of transcripts, and asking for guidance from above, I've come to the determination that the United States can do better than John Bolton.


I would dare say that after this complete and utter display of idiocy and given his track record of complete ignorance of who we are dealing with at the U.N. nowadays, the Republican party, the State of Ohio, and the United States in general can do better than "Senator" George Voinovich.