Thursday, January 11, 2007

I have mixed emotions about this...

Our son's unit's deployment has been extended by up to 125 days (MN National Guard 1st Brigade). Quite the bummer, since we were hoping he'd be home for our eldest son's wedding this May.

You know, and readers of this blog know, I understand that the job needs to be done.

The President says that the generals need to increase troop strength by 20,000.

But I also understand that there are over 1,400,000 active duty soldiers in our armed forces, with around 190,000 of them who are currently in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That leaves a lot of active duty folks who could pick up the slack

What the hell are they still doing in Germany?

Again, I know the job needs to be done, and I understand that.

But it still sucks.

***UPDATE***

More info here.