Friday, June 06, 2008

Another Tarryl Clark Smackdown...

This time from Representative Ron Hamilton, with the kicker being,
It appears Minnesota Assistant Senate Majority Leader Tarryl Clark is a little upset over the fact that I brought her feelings regarding nursing home funding to your attention. She says I’m “misleading” you, “distorting the record,” and “muddying the waters.”

Actually, what I gave you was her direct quote — “nursing homes don’t really count” in their (the Senate DFL) definition of health care.

You can’t get any more crystal clear than that. These words come from one of the most powerful people in the Legislature (second in command in the Minnesota Senate), which is why I was extremely disappointed in her comments. I’ve spoken to Senator Vickerman on this topic and he agrees with me on the need to help our nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
Read, as they say, the whole thing.

BTW, Rep. Hamilton, if you're looking for any more Tarryl Clark Zingers, we got a million of 'em!

I guess we should not be surprised that Ms. Clark would treat eldercare as a burden. After all, look from whence she and others of her ilk come. The very same party that treats vulnerable developing humans as "burdens;" dare I say, "punishments."



Why should the elderly be any different in their eyes?