Wednesday, June 11, 2008

From "Superman" to "SuperPimp"?



As you remember, I posted stories regarding St. Cloud's very own superman here, and here (more here) Well, the other day I was tooling around town on my Virago and passed the intersection of 25th and Division street, right by the Dairy Queen. Instead of seeing the venerable St. Cloud Superman, I saw a new character, sitting on a Coleman folding chair, with a fishing pole, and dressed up kinda like this:

Well, I had to check this out. So I parked my motorcycle at the DQ, got a frozen hot chocolate, approached the guy, and asked him, "What gives with the new get-up?"

He assured me that he was doing it just to "keep people guessing." He related that to dress up like a pimp was the antithesis of Superman. He added that he was all about freedom and freedom of expression.

Of course, during the conversation John Filla was his old congenial self, and graciously accepted when I asked him to pose for the picture above.

I don't know--I gotta kinda hand it to a guy who's not afraid to be "out there" and to make a statement.

Carry on, Superman.