Saturday, September 15, 2007

Imagine Whirled Peas, Part II

The following are the four signs that I photoshopped and turned into posters for the event (click on each image for full size):

This pretty much sums up election 2006:




This one embodied the "absolute cereal-ness" with which I took their anti-Iraq, anti-American message:



I didn't hold this one, but Jamie Delton tells me that it drew a lot of laughs, even from the anti-war crowd. The cops thought it was a riot!



And this one was made from an actual photograph that our son Doug took of a girl he befriended while he was stationed at TQ in Iraq:



Interestingly enough, that one appeared to draw the most disdain from the crowd.

I wonder why? Did I strike a nerve? Or get a little too close to the truth about them?

I'll certainly lose sleep tonight pondering that question---NOT.