Sunday, September 02, 2007

While at the "Great Minnesota Get-Together"

Being in St. Cloud, and not being one to enjoy huge crowds, I rarely venture to the Minnesota State Fair. But seeing as how I was "batching" it for the weekend, and there was nothing else to do, and since it was probably a decade since I've been there, I decided to take the hour drive (and half-hour line to get in).

My first stop was at the Patriot Booth, where my good friends King (his lovely bride was there, as well) and Michael Brodkorb were doing their show. While there, I was able to meet my esteemed fellow bloggers, AAA (and his lovely girlfriend), Brad Carlson (and his lovely bride), The Lady Logician, Lassie, and others.
The only shot I could get of the "Final Word" broadcast without wrecking my camera
(j/k, King and Michael!)

In the process, I was also able to gain my literal 15 seconds of notoriety by appearing on "The Final Word" during the final segment; the subject of which was the launch of the MOB's latest, greatest adventure.

After the show and after our goodbyes were said, I decided to ramble about the fair to see what interesting things I could stumble across; when what to my wandering eyes should appear, but the DFL booth!

I could hardly contain myself as I walked into the BDS fever swamp lair, and suffice it to say that I was not the least bit disappointed in the comedic relief that was offered:


Curiously, nobody there could tell me just which "high crime" or "misdemeanor" would be utilized in their quest for impeachment.

And yet another curiosity met my eye:

Yep. A picture of Norm Coleman embracing President Bush (on a stick, of course). I remarked to the lady behind the table that, given that President Bush's approval ratings are nearly 20 points above Congress' approval ratings right now, perhaps ol' Normie wasn't doing too bad after all.

She had no comment, and to be fair, seemed quite embarrassed that the picture was even there.

I was unable to find the Republican booth during my meanderings, but any day in which you can watch a favorite radio show in progress, watch a strong-man demonstration, and cap it with a Chicago-style hot dog with all the trimmings has to be scored in the win column.

Huzzah!