Thursday, November 17, 2005

On leaving the Plantation..

From here:

As of this week, Derrick Wallace, head of Orange County's NAACP, has switched parties -- to become a Republican.

"I've thought about this for two years," Wallace said Tuesday afternoon, just a few hours after returning from the elections office. "This is not a decision I made yesterday."

It is, however, a decision that rang out like a shot among political circles.

Republican Party leader Lew Oliver described himself as "extraordinarily pleased," while Democratic leader Tim Shea said he was disappointed.
Talk about leaving the white limousine liberal plantation! Still, Lewis couches his departure:

"It's purely a business decision. Ninety percent of those I do business with are Republicans," he said. "Opportunities that have come to my firm have been brought by Republicans."
Even so, I take heart that another finds opportunity with the GOP, and lack thereof with the DNC. I'm just waiting for the "Uncle Tom" caterwalling that is sure to come from this.

(Filed under Limousine Liberals)