Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nappy-headed Maher: Where's the outrage, now?

Bill Maher made some boneheaded statements that, IMO, rival those of Imus:
"And it's easy to start a religion! Watch, I do it for you: I had a vision last night! A vision! The Blessed Virgin Mary came to me--I don't know how she got past the guards--and she told me it's high time to take the high ground from the Seventh Day Adventists and give it to the 24-hour party people. And what happens in the confessional stays in the confessional. Gay men, don't say you're life partners, say you're a nunnery of two. 'We weren't having sex, officer; I was performing a very private Mass, here in my car. I was letting my rod and staff comfort him. Take this and eat of it, [our emphasis] for this is my roommate Barry. And for all those who believe there is a special place for you in Kevin.",
Where is the outrage here?

Where is Time Warner (HBO's parent company) on this? Are they calling for sensitivity training for Maher? Will Bill Maher be required to apologize on multiple occasions, and meet with Catholics personally offended by his hate speech?

Will Time Warner call for Maher to step down for offending not a woman's basketball team, but millions of Catholics nationwide?

Somehow, I don't think so.

After all, Bill's one of their own (wink-wink, nod-nod).

As an aside, who should Maher be proclaiming as a soulmate, than RINO, laugh-a-minute candidate Ron Paul.