Friday, July 25, 2008

Post-MilF report..

Well, John Stewart and I didn't get first place, but we didn't get last place, either. Nonetheless, it was a rip-roaring good time. How many people can say that they golfed in the same tourney as Ed Morrissey of Hot-Air fame, for heaven's sake?!?

I just got back from Learned Foots post-MilF party, where Italian sausages were had by all (except for King and Derek, who had their fill of couscous and some really nifty cheese, tomato, basil and caper snacks put out by Lassie. Brad Carlson and his lovely wife were there, as was Uncle Ben and the Mall Diva, Mitch, Atomizer, Nihlist, Andy Aplikowski and g/f, and myriad other of Minnesota's finest conservative intelligentsia, including David Strom, who had just gotten back from a stellar, live appearance on Minnesota Public Television's Almanac.

I have pictures but my Palm Centro is not being cooperative, so I can't post them yet.

But I did get a special surprise when I checked my email-- I received a picture taken of myself and my granddaughter, taken just a few hours after she was born:

Ain't she sweet?