Saturday, March 03, 2007

Bill Maher regrets Cheney assassination attempt failed

Newsbusters has a transcript of Bill Maher's HBO show in which he laments that the Cheney assassination attempt last week was unsuccessful:

Ridley: It’s one thing to say you hate Dick Cheney, which applies to his politics. It’s another thing to say, “I’m sorry he didn’t die in an explosion." And I think, you know…

Maher: But you should be able to say it. And by the way...

Frank: Excuse me, Bill, but can I ask you a question? Do you decide what the topics are for this show?

Maher: Yeah, I decide the topics, they don’t go there.

Frank: But you exercise control over the show the way that she does over her blog.

Maher: But I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow. (applause)

Scarborough: If someone on this panel said that they wished that Dick Cheney had been blown up, and you didn’t say…

Frank: I think he did.

Scarborough: Okay. Did you say…

Maher: No, no. I quoted that.

Frank: You don’t believe that?

Maher: I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.

I'm now waiting for our liberal friends to come out with the righteous indignation toward Maher that they had reserved for Ann Coulter.

But I won't hold my breath.

-----------------------------------------------------