A "treasure trove" of information spells bad news for the MSM and democrats,like John Murtha, hoping against BDS hope that our enemies in Iraq and elsewhere will prevail, thus handing Bush a political defeat (crazy, yes, I know--but it's true). Especially when that treasure trove includes such MSM kryptonite as (in Zarqawi's own words)
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Iraq's national security adviser said Thursday a "huge treasure" of documents and computer records was seized after the raid on terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's hideout, giving the Iraqi government the upper hand in its fight against al-Qaida in Iraq.
National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie also said he believed the security situation in the country would improve enough to allow a large number of U.S.-led forces to leave Iraq by the end of this year, and a majority to depart by the end of next year. "And maybe the last soldier will leave Iraq by mid-2008," he said.
Al-Rubaie said a laptop, flashdrive and other documents were found in the debris after the airstrike that killed the al-Qaida in Iraq leader last week outside Baqouba, and more information has been uncovered in raids of other insurgent hideouts since then.
He called it a "huge treasure ... a huge amount of information."
When asked how he could be sure the information was authentic, al-Rubaie said "there is nothing more authentic than finding a thumbdrive in his pocket."
(AP) Iraqi National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie holds up a copy of a document purported to have...
"We believe that this is the beginning of the end of al-Qaida in Iraq," al-Rubaie said, adding that the documents showed al-Qaida is in "pretty bad shape," politically and in terms of training, weapons and media.
"Now we have the upper hand," he said at a news conference in Baghdad. "We feel that we know their locations, the names of their leaders, their whereabouts, their movements, through the documents we found during the last few days."
As an overall picture, time has been an element in affecting negatively the forces of the occupying countries, due to the losses they sustain economically in human lives, which are increasing with time. However, here in Iraq, time is now beginning to be of service to the American forces and harmful to the resistance for the following reasons:So, much to the MSM, Murtha's, Swimmer Kennedy, and John Kerry's dismay, all is not wine and roses for the
1. By allowing the American forces to form the forces of the National Guard, to reinforce them and enable them to undertake military operations against the resistance.
2. By undertaking massive arrest operations, invading regions that have an impact on the resistance, and hence causing the resistance to lose many of its elements.
3. By undertaking a media campaign against the resistance resulting in weakening its influence inside the country and presenting its work as harmful to the population rather than being beneficial to the population.
4. By tightening the resistance's financial outlets, restricting its moral options and by confiscating its ammunition and weapons.
5. By creating a big division among the ranks of the resistance and jeopardizing its attack operations, it has weakened its influence and internal support of its elements, thus resulting in a decline of the resistance's assaults.
6. By allowing an increase in the number of countries and elements supporting the occupation or at least allowing to become neutral in their stand toward us in contrast to their previous stand or refusal of the occupation.
7. By taking advantage of the resistance's mistakes and magnifying them in order to misinform.
But, taking comfort from the democrat playbook, all they felt they needed to do was to wait us out til the democrats and the willing media shills propagandized enough Americans that America was defeated, despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.
But unlike the TANG memos, the authenticity of which the MSM tried to uphold to their dying breaths, the MSM is now all of a sudden questioning the authenticity of the finds in the Zarqawi
Information such as was contained in this treasure trove runs counter to the BDS agenda of the MSM, and the question remains, how will they spin this one?
But take comfort, surrender monkeys.
For Murtha, Kerry, Pelosi and the MSM can still take comfort in their twisted psyches and still find a reason to celebrate:
...Thu Jun 15, 8:29 AM ETAnd even as I'm keyboarding this screed, this side note, not the "treasure trove" story, was the lead story on CNN's top of the hour radio news.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of U.S. military deaths in the
Geeze... can I call it or what?
More bad news for the surrender monkey wing of the democrat party can be found here.
(Filed under the fifth column, Iraq, War on Terror)