Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Liberalism 101

From Glenn Beck's website:
GLENN: Right. But it's interesting also that Janeane Garofalo and Jon Voight are in the same series this year.


STU: Yeah.


GLENN: The right and the left actors. Okay. So she's in that one scene, and I'm not going to give anything away but, you know -- I'm not going to spoil the scene for you if you have it on TiVo. But there's this one scene where you know character -- I'm trying to be as vague as I can -- this one character is with Janeane and they need to interrogate. It's 24. You knew this was happening. So they interrogate and the one character says, "I've got to get the answers." And Janeane Garofalo says, "You can't do that. This is America. That's against the law." And the other character says, "They'll kill a bunch of people and we've got to do it! A lot of people will die and it will be a horrible situation!" Janeane Garofalo's character says, "This is against everything we stand for! This is against code, this is against all regulations, this is against the law! I won't have anything to do with it!" And then the character turns with tears in their eyes, says, "This whole thing has been my fault. I've got to set this right. Please, I've got to get the answer. I've got to do this because it's -- I've got to set it right! Please, for me!" And the progressive says, "Okay, I'll wait outside." It wasn't because people are going to die. It wasn't because this guy knows and we need to get it. It wasn't, "We've got to protect our country." She was convinced by, "Please? It will make me feel better." You didn't even have to say, "But okay, let me make the case. I don't think the law applies here or here or here." All you had to do was look at her with puppy dog eyes and say, "Please, it will make my booboo go away."


STU: If that's not every liberal policy.


GLENN: It is.


STU: Feel good emotional.


GLENN: It is. It's wrong. If you want to do it for any other reasons. But if it will make us all feel good, well, then maybe we should.


That about sums it up.

(h/t Gary Gross)