Wednesday, January 11, 2006

And here I wanted to try this on my next trip down I-394...

From here
Judge: Don't Count Fetus for Carpool Quota
Jan 11 2:36 PM US/Eastern

MESA, Ariz.

Unborn children don't count when it comes to carpool lanes, according to a judge's ruling.

Even after being fined $367 for improper use of a High Occupancy Vehicle lane, Ahwatukee Foothills resident Candace Dickinson stood by her contention that Arizona traffic laws don't define what a person is, so the child inside her womb justified her use of the lane.

"To follow her philosophy would require officers to carry guns, radios and pregnancy testers, and I don't think we want to go there," said Sgt. Dave Norton, the Phoenix police officer who cited Dickinson on Nov. 8.

And here I thought all that weight I gained over the holidays would come in handy. Back to square one.


(Filed under fun stuff)