Thursday, February 16, 2006

the Ice Palace and I.E.....like oil and water.

I very rarely, if ever, use Internet Explorer as my web browser. At Keegan's tonight, a couple of people informed me that the Ice Palace is quite messed up when viewed on Internet Explorer (you have to scroll down quite a bit before you get to the posts). After viewing it tonight on I.E., I tend to agree. I think it's a template thing with this blog...

But please, I.E. explorers, take heart, for I impart you with the following wisdom:

Now I'm a big fan of Mozilla-based browsers, such as Netscape, or my favorite, Firefox. Each of these browsers feature "tabbed browsing", which eliminate the need for multiple windows cluttering your desktop. If you want to open a new window, simply open a new "tab", which appears on your toolbar. Just click on the tab to refer back to previously loaded websites. Nothing could be simpler, or more organized. Additionally, Firefox is much less prone to web bugs and spyware than is Internet Explorer.

Not only that, but with Firefox, you can view the Ice Palace, as it was meant to be, in all of its naked glory.

C'mon, you I.E. users--trust me--it's quite painless. At the risk of sounding "body-snatcherish," once you go Firefox, you'll never go back.

(Filed under housekeeping)