Thursday, June 07, 2007

R.I.P...and good riddance.

The Immigration Reform Amnesty bill has been withdrawn!!!!


Time for a happy dance!!



More here, here, and here!

*****UPDATE*********

Hugh has this transcript of a shameful display of "statesmanship" by Trent Lott:

Trent Lott: "Senator Kennedy, I appreciate the legislative leadership you have been providing. I know it is not easy, you know, and your own colleagues and those of us over here have been beating you up. I mean, your a nice poster child. Thank you very much for what you do. But I'll tell you one thing I have learned the hard way. When it comes to legislating, when you are dealing with Senator Kennedy, you had better bring your lunch, because you are going to get educated, you are going to learn a lot, and you are going to get a result. Hopefully it is going to be a good one. Good luck, senator from Massachusetts. I yield the floor."


Sen. Kennedy: "And the senator too. I thank my friend from Mississippi, and I commend him for a constructive and a positive attitude."


What's next, Trent? A pole dance?