Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Sopranos and Clinton, Inc.--Birds of a Feather?

As I reported here, Hillary Clinton chose a knock-off of a Sopranos episode to unveil her new campaign song.

My training in psychology has led me to ponder a few ramifications of Clinton's choice for her little '08 debutante preview.

Was it any accident that Clinton, Inc., chose to emulate a series about a ruthless mob crime family? (I don't think that the Clintons have ever done anything by accident).

Or was it a not-so-veiled warning to those who would cross them?

I mean--think about it-- of all their choices, why choose to emulate the Sopranos?

Perhaps on a conscious level, the Clintons thought it would merely be fun to do a knock off of what was a much-discussed episode of a popular cable TV show.

But on an unconscious level, I think it possible (nay, probable) that Clinton, Inc., in their decades-long lust for power, actually feels an affinity for and identifies with the Soprano ethos.

At any rate, it should leave one thinking, shouldn't it?