Friday, March 14, 2008

Obama and "the Rev."

Obama appeared on Hannity and Colmes just an hour ago, and stated,
“Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy,” he said in the statement. “I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it’s on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue.”
Hmmm... I wonder if Michelle Obama has gotten the memo:


My guess is "no."

Obama has also stated,
The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation. When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments. But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.
So, Barack Obama had been going to the church for 20 years now, and all of Wright's sermons have been pure as the wind-driven snow, save for these few, eh?


Tell me another story, Barack.