Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nothing to see here .... go on about your business...

Well, I just got done going through my first box (all 106 pages) of the Judge Roberts file dump from the Reagan Library. At first, I thought, "What does this have to do with Roberts?" The whole box contains proceedings and findings from The Subcommittee on Federal Charters, Holidays & Celebrations... June 7, 1974

If Roberts had something to do with this, it would have to be before he was even an attorney, seeing as how he didn't even complete his undergraduate degree from Harvard until 1976, and didn't get his law degree from Harvard til 1979. Upon looking at this box and this box, I finally realized that the box I had was most likely comprised of Robert's reference materials that he used to make the recommendations that he did in the following boxes. All was not for naught, though.. While browsing through the materials, I did come across this: US CODE: Title 18,700. Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties I didn't realize that there was already a law on the books that addressed flag desecration including flag burning. If so, why the need for an amendment to the Constitution? And did you know that it's a punishable offense to to give liquor to an Indian if that Indian is on a reservation? But I digress. On to the next box.