Friday, January 13, 2006

On the darker side...

Andy at Residual Forces assures us that this is not the challenger he was talking about when he stated that he knew of a GOP challenger to Minnesota Governor Pawlenty. Too bad... at least it would have made things interesting. Nicknaming himself, "Jonathan the Impaler", John Sharkey is a member of the "VWP Party" (The Vampyres, Witches and Pagan's party--seriously), who state:
America today, the Christian Right-wing lead by the Bush Administration and his followers, are trying to take our rights away from us. It is my hope, that people like you, who are not puppets of the system...who truly believe as our Founding Fathers did, will join this group and party to become active in making a change for the betterment and protection of our ways.

This Group and Party is open to any Vampyre, Witch, Pagan, Satanist, Wiccan or other-Kin of our Community, who want to do a grass root movement to make this Country a better place for our kind (Oooookayyy...the next time I see someone performing a ritual animal sacrifice, I'll send them your way).
"The Impaler" does have a number of interesting points on his platform, including this:
6) Any one found committing an act of terrorism in Minnesota will be IMPALED by me at the State Capital. If the US DOJ wants to prosecute me for it, then I will take my chances in Court, for I do not believe an American Jury will convict me of brutally killing a terrorist!
Okay... hard to argue with that. But I digress.

Is there a bright side to this dark side? Like I commented over at Residual Forces,
This isn’t the guy to challenge Pawlenty? And here my hopes were so high. We’'re so used to government sucking the blood out of taxpayers, at least here'’s a guy who’'s up front about it.
Even though this guy at face value doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the governorship (although he would probably be a leading authority on snowballs in hell), in Minnesota, stranger things have happened.

(Filed under elections, moonbat adventures)

(topic bumped)