Sunday, December 18, 2005

On hobbing knobs...

I went to the Christmas blogger bash at Keegan's yesterday, and I can say that I had a great time!


Highlights of the night included seeing old friends like King, Jon (The Night Writer), Doug, Mitch, Kevin, St. Paul and Chad the Elder, Learned Foot, Craig Westover, and Cathy; but a real treat was meeting some friends whom I have been keeping in touch with, but never met in person. Those are bloggers extraordinaire Jeff from Peace Like A River, Uncle Ben from Hammerswing75, and Surly Dave. They were every bit the great, personable guys I expected them to be, and I look forward to hanging out with them again in the near future. (BTW, gals, Hammerswing75 is a great looking guy--and he's extremely eligible!). Another highlight of the night was meeting two giants in the field: John Hinderaker (one of the guys who exposed Dan Rather) and James Lileks (a furiously funny guy and a Friday night regular on the Hugh Hewitt show). I also got a chance to talk with Triple-A from Residual Forces, along with the wonderfully creative "Chief" from Freedom Dogs along with Marty and Tony from KNSI's Sunday afternoon program Race to the Right. I also met David Strom who, word has it, will be getting a gig on the new talk station coming into Minneapolis in early January '06. David promised to mail me some sweet cigars if I emailed him my address.. Gads... and now I can't remember his email!! :::sigh:::

Living in St. Cloud, I don't get a chance to get to many MOB gatherings, but the more and more I attend the more and more I find that I'm fitting in (don't know if that's a good sign or not). Regardless, I had a GREAT time and I'm looking forward to many more with that fabulous group of people known as the Minnesota Organization of Bloggers.


(Filed under Fun with da MOB)