Sunday, April 05, 2009

Currently on my Bookshelf...

Ever since I've been paying any attention to anything political, which is from a mighty long time ago, I've often wondered as to why those who ostensibly preach against man's inhumanity to man, and for decency and human rights so often run to the defense of and even embrace murderous despots.

For literally decades now, trying to make some sense of this seeming paradox has, to paraphrase Dr. Suess, "puzzled me til my puzzler was sore."

Finally, there's a plausible explanation put forth by a man by the name of Jamie Glazov, who himself, along with his family, fled Soviet tyranny during the 1970s.

In his book, "United in Hate," Glazov introduces us to his first encounters with the left, as he looked on with shock and horror as the tyranny that he fled was not only embraced but actually longed for by those who had otherwise lived in relative freedom for all of their lives.

I'm currently a few chapters into this fascinating read. I've contacted Glazov, and he has agreed to do an exclusive interview with me as soon as I am done reading the book.

Stay tuned for what is sure to be an enlightening, eye-opening and fascinating interview.