Thursday, May 25, 2006

Okay now--this just fries me!

My son got a joke from the internet that is as follows:
A big earthquake with the strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale hits
Mexico. Two million Mexicans have died and over a million are injured.
The country is totally ruined and the government doesn't know where
to start with asking for help to rebuild.

The rest of the world is in shock.

Canada is sending troopers to help the Mexican army control the riots.

Saudi Arabia is sending oil.

Other Latin American countries are sending supplies.

The European community (except France) is sending food and money.

The United States, not to be outdone, is sending two million replacement Mexicans.
Even though all the students in his class got a laugh from it, his teacher pulled him aside, told him the joke was racist, and said that he now needed to meet with a "diversity counselor"-- BTW--WTF are my taxes doing paying for a "diversity counselor"?

Was the joke off color? Yes.
Was the joke inappropriate for the school situation? Yes.
Is the joke racist? HELL NO!

Undeniable Fact: There are between 11-20 million illegal aliens in this country. Most of them are MEXICAN.

I'm Italian. My ancestors came from Italy. You want to tell a joke about Italians? Fine. I may not even like it. But I'm sure as hell not going to call you a racist for telling it!

Just by mentioning the word "Mexican", they are equating it with the "N" word. Since when is stating nationality a racial slur?

Now they're going to subject my son to "deprogramming" with a friggen diversity counselor??

Not if I have anything to say about it.

Hey George Orwell--1984 has finally arrived.



(Filed under multi-culturalism)