Friday, May 05, 2006

Like Father like son... parte deux...

  • Bar tab in a D.C. area bar: $88.00
  • Damage done to 1997 Mustang Convertible after smashing into barrier at 3am: $3800

Sometimes, membership does has its priveleges.



But will this storyline fly with the public???

Alas, all is not lost!!!

It's CBS to the rescue!!!
...(AP)< /i> WASHINGTON An expert says the prescription drugs that Congressman Patrick Kennedy says he took before his car accident could give the appearance of intoxication. St. Louis College of Pharmacy Professor Leonard Naeger says both Phenergan and Ambien work as depressants. The doctor says several hours after taking the drugs, a person could be "very, very drowsy" and possibly disoriented.
Of course, never mind that...
Lou Cannon, president of the Washington chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police, said Kennedy looked intoxicated.

"It's my understanding that he had an odor of alcohol about him and he was unsteady on his feet," Cannon said.

...And if it's one thing we all know, cops are no experts when it comes to smelling alcohol on a person's breath. Much like Michael Moore is no expert on what makes a good cheeseburger.

But, still, Kennedy asserts:
"Last Tuesday, the Attending Physician of the United States Congress treated me for Gastroenteritis. The Attending Physician prescribed Phenergan, an anti-nausea medication, which in addition to treating Gastroenteritis, I now know can cause drowsiness and sedation.

Following the last series of votes on Wednesday evening, I returned to my home on Capitol Hill and took the prescribed amount of Phenergan and Ambien, which was also prescribed by the Attending Physician some time ago and I occasionally take to fall asleep. Some time around 2:45am, I drove the few blocks to the Capitol Complex believing I needed to vote. Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication. At that time, I was involved in a one-car incident in which my car hit the security barrier at the corner of 1st and C St., SE. At no time before the incident did I consume any alcohol.

Yeaaahhh..that's the ticket!


(Filed under limousine liberals)