Monday, May 01, 2006

Time for another musical fisking...

It appears that "the Boss", in New Orleans, joined the ranks of Neil Young in the long line of moonbats who are delivering irrelevant, inane political commentary:

Decrying what he called "criminal ineptitude" in Hurricane Katrina's wake, Springsteen jabbed at the political powers he deemed responsible for New Orleans' slow recovery.

Perhaps the most pointed moment came as he prepared to sing an old song that he had rewritten lyrics to for New Orleans. Noting that he visited the city's ninth ward, perhaps the most devastated area in the city, Springsteen said: "I saw sights I never thought I'd see in an American city," and added: "The criminal ineptitude makes you furious."

With that, he launched into a song titled "How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?" and dedicated the song to "President Bystander." Its lyrics included the lines: "There's bodies floatin' on Canal and the levees gone to hell ... them who's got out of town, and them who ain't got left to drown, tell me, how can a poor man stand such times and live?"

..Well, Mr. Springsteen..

BORN To BE Inane


Tokin on my bong-it was then I found
The first hit I took was when I hit the ground
Then I sing like a dog who's been beat too much

'Til I don't know which end is down or which is up..

CHORUS

I was Born to be Inane
Born to be inane..
Tryin to make sense with half a brain
But I was born to be inane..

I went down to Orleans just the other day
And I did another concert in my inane way..
I sang about the faults of the President
But forgot about Nagin and their government..

CHORUS
But I was born to be inane,
Born to be inane
You try thinkin' now with half a brain
And you're darn tootin' that you'll be inane...

Now I've been vocal now about the war..
But don't ask me just what we're fightin' for
Cause I couldn't even tell you two and two is four
With my room temp IQ that's below the floor

CHORUS

But I was born to be inane
Born to be inane
After too many doobies now I'm quite insane
But I was born to be inane...

My buddy named John had three purple hearts
But just like me not too many smarts..
I sang for him when he ran for prez
But we both had the brains of a pack of Pez..

But we were born to be inane,
Born to be inane..
Those ten thousand doobs really fried my brain
But I was born to be inane.

Down in the shadows of my pea-sized brain
I'm trying to find relevance but I'm inane..
Maybe ten years down the road you'll find me again
Singin' in a seniors home and still inane

I'm a Brain-dead Daddy in the U.S.A.
Born to be inane
I have an IQ of a whooping crane
They call me "The Boss," but I'm still inane.

(Filed under song parodies)