Saturday, March 18, 2006

On driving Model T's...

I always thought it would be kind of cool to take a spin in a Model T Ford... Just for kicks; but I certainly wouldn't want to drive one every day.

Such is the case when you go to your sister's house and she has AOL dial up for internet service. Quaint, but I'd tear my hair out if I had to use it every day.

So I tell my sister, "You know--you oughta get a cable modem or DSL, then you wouldn't need AOL. All AOL does is continually download crap on your computer and mess things up."

"So how do you get on the internet if you don't have AOL?" she asks.

"All you need is the internet service, and Internet Explorer or Firefox. The internet is always on. You just click on the browser and you're good to go."

"Oh."

I'll get her out of the stone age yet...