Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Another "Who, MOI? moment...

Ol schoolbus Nagin continues to evade responsibility for his part in the Katrina aftermath like a toddler evades his parents after breaking his mother's favorite lamp..
"It surprises me that if there was that kind of awareness, why was the response so slow?" said Nagin, whose city was devastated when the storm struck on August 29 and causing massive flooding.

"I have kind of a sinking feeling right now in my gut. I mean, I was listening to what people were saying and I was believing them that they didn't know. So therefore it was an issue of a learning curve.

"From this tape it looks like everybody was fully aware."
Yep.. the key word is everybody. You knew, Nagin--that Katrina was heading for the shores of N.O. days before the hurricane. But instead of taking action, you just sat on your ass like a government welfare case waiting for someone else to do something. It's about time you act like a man and start taking some responsiblity yourself instead of acting like some hapless, clueless victim.

You're a piece of work, you are.

(Filed under limousine liberals, from the plantation)