Friday, April 28, 2006

Hope turns sour... Body of Robert Hornbeck found...

From here:



From what Eric (and the police have talked with him) said Rob had sustained a very bad arm injury one that he tried to put a tourniquet on it.......I assume by that it was bleeding profusely. He said he thought he accidentally put his arm into one of those large AC fans that were running full force.

IMO

Ocean
I cannot say for sure, but it looks as if "Jadedblueyes" has some close contacts with the case.

Also, "Jadedblueeyes" wrote

The parking garage at Desoto is very large. There is a nearby restraunt as well as apartment complexes and the civic center is across the street, so it is one of the largest parkign areas I believe. It does have a door and and elevator if I am not mistaken. But, I think they only lead to the upper and lower levels of the parking garage itself I do not beleive they lead inside the Hotel. I was under the impression that he was found insde. I feel so terrible sorry for this family and his finace. I hope that someday she is able to allow herself to meet someone and maybe get married, she is so young to have to go through this and I know this will affect her her whole life but I hope that someday she is able to move on. I saw some of the interview on Nancy Grace just a few minutes ago and she was tlaking to the father about what he thought happened and how the family is handling things and such. I did not hear about the injury specifically or what shape th ebody was in or anything like that. I heard the father say that he believes he bled to death and that he had made a tourniquet for his injury. He also said that he thinks maybe his son passed out and when he woke up he didnt know where he was and kind of tried to feel his way out. With him having combat training he new that if he moved too much he would bleed to death and the alcohol in his system would have caused him to bleed more severly bc it things your blood. With it being more of a maintenance area im assuming no one really passed by for him to yell for help.


(Filed under heroes)