Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Just got this from my son...

Hey everyone, I just wanted everyone to know that I made it to Iraq Safely...Had To pee like crazy on the C-130 trip over here.. but it's all good. nothing is really going on..besides we are right on the hottest hiway in the entire country... It's right outside our base. We got mortared the first day we were here. About 4 landed with one being an Air burst. No one got hurt though. it sounds like it is going to be pretty easy going over here. I don't even think that I will be working 2 days in a row! so It is going to go by pretty fast for me. but other than that.. this is costing me money to be on Haji net... but I should be getting satelite internet pretty soon... As soon as I can Get my hands on 350 american dollars... about 20 of us are going in on this dealy-O- and then it will cost me about 75 bucks a month. But, I'm gonna go call a few people now, So I'll Talk to everyone later!!! Love Y'all

-Doug-

I responded and told Doug that I would foot the bill for the satellite uplink...

GOD keep him...



(Filed under heroes)